FRANCISCO J.V. MANZANILLA
Francisco is a civil engineer who graduated from the University Santa Maria (USM) with a focus on civil engineering. He later received his Bachelor's Degree in structural engineering from the Catholic University Andres Bello (UCAB). He has 4 years of working experience at the second World's Largest Industrial Refinery Complex: Center Venezuela Paraguana.
Commercial and residential areas of focus:
Calculate and simulate reinforced concrete buildings and steel structures.
2D or 3D design drafting using AutoCAD & 3D Studio Max
Simulate through Finite Element Method (FEM) and reinforced concrete metal parts.
Structural Analysis using (ETABS) and other general industry computer programs of engineering.
Professional Experience & Project Highlights:
· Inspector Civil QA / QC in expanding the Technical Building. Cardon refinery (390,000 bbl. /
· Design and construction of building 4 levels intended for technical (280 technicians) using
· Design and inspection QA / QC construction of industrial sheds for storage of critical materials and spares.
· Structural evaluation and inspection QA / QC temporary for repairing bases, platforms,
pedestals and foundations heat exchangers, drums and similar equipment in refining plants
· Development larger project civil maintenance of plant and equipment and facilities of the
Paraguana Refining Center.
· Issuance of inspection reports including 2D and 3D drawings designs hydraulic concrete
mixtures of high demand for services in harsh environments oil refinery construction.
· Design and inspection QA / QC of fireproofing and RDC (Controlled Density Fill) for oil refining
· Structural evaluation of NAFTA storage tanks for replacement items associated roof deck.
· Civil evaluation and inspection QA / QC for repairing pits sulfur (placement and installation of
the membrane, mortar and bricks antacids).
· Civil Engineer QA / QC of civil works in the oil industry docks and facilities.
· Design of drainage systems and repair of embankments in natural reservoir FORS 3 (FUEL OIL
RESERVOIR 3) with a capacity of 8,000,000 barrels.
"Windbreaker structure to reduce the drag of coke in the Deep Conversion Units in Oil Refineries. Case: Paraguana Refining Center - Cardon refinery. Using a design semi-profound foundations through the Sulzberger method, tapered columns and cables structural use. " Cardon refinery - Venezuela 01-04-2012